Some people like eating sweets. I am some people.
I made a cake before. It was a chocolate cake and it was pretty solid. The frosting wasn’t too bad. I liked it. But to be real. I wasn’t planning on making that again anytime soon. Believe me.
This a whole lot better than the last one. It ain’t even a comparison. One of my main reasons for not baking as much is because I couldn’t find a good frosting I liked either.
This recipe got the whole 9. Cake and frosting combined. I don’t even feel like talkin bout it no more so I’m gonna just drop this last pic and show y’all the recipe. You gotta make this.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegan butter, softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I used a 9×13 cake pan but you can do two round cake pans if you feel it.
- Measure 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and add the vinegar to it. Stir it a bit and let it curdle up.
- In a big bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk it wit yo left hand.
- Now add the oil, applesauce, vanilla and almond milk/vinegar mixture. Whisk it wit yo left hand or use a mixer if you bougie.
- Pour in the boiling water, and keep mixing into the cake batter until combined. It’s supposed to be runny so don’t worry bout allat.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or til you can put a knife or toothpick in and it comes out clean. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes before frosting.
- Add the cocoa powder to a large bowl. Make sure there aren’t any clumps.
- Add the softened vegan butter and mix til it’s creamy.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and half of the almond milk, and mix. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- If the frosting is too dry, add some milk, a little at a time. If the frosting is too wet, add more sugar until it thickens up. We like thick things over here.
- Frost the cake in your preferred style.
- Eat that Shxt!
This recipe was adapted from here.