This recipe draws from two inspirations.
Y’all already know from the last post that I was tryna find more ways to eat berries. Eventually eating something the same way gets boring so you gotta come up wit some new strategies.
Back in college there used to be a place by my apartment that sold crepes. That had all different kinds from savory to dessert to breakfast, etc. I’m pretty sure this was before I went plant-based but was starting to chill on how much I was eating meat, etc. I used to like the dessert crepes a lot before they went out of business.
Now the flip side of that is Tropical Smoothie sells these breakfast flatbreads. They’re decent, but after awhile I figured “why am I payin them money for some shxt I can make better at my house.” So I was like I’m gonna stop wit all this.
So from those two experiences I was inspired to make my own version of this with my own ingredients. And that’s how we came to the recipe for this post.
If you decide to make this, it doesn’t have to be berry-centered. That’s just the route I went because after makin it a few times I learned that warming up the berries gives it a sweeter taste in comparison to just eating them cold. But it’s all personal preference. Choose your method. And of course, experiment wit different fruits. You might find a combo you like better.
- Peanut butter
- Tortilla/Flatbread/Crepe – whatever you prefer to use or have available
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, agave, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Wash and dry the berries. Cut the strawberries in halves or quarters.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on to the base of choice.
- Add the berries on one half and the granola to the other half.
- Fold together and place directly on oven rack.
- Let cook for about 5-10 minutes until the wrap browns.
- Remove from oven.
- Eat that shxt!
Note** – This can be made either hot or cold it doesn’t have to be put in the oven. If you want a sweeter taste use the oven, the peanut butter will melt, the wrap will have a nice crunch to it, and the berries will be sweeter. If you want something quicker as a snack then just make it cold.