Y’all know what the second best day of the week is?
It’s in strong contention for first but since most of us gotta work the next day it ain’t taking the gold medal.
But outside of that Taco Tuesday might as well be a global holiday. It’s only right to have another recipe that can be used for the festivities.
Originally I got this idea from a HelloFresh box (definitely not a plug they ain’t payin me) but I was using the veggie plan and this was one of the recipes. After making it once I figured this is something I could veganize without too much effort.
The key in the recipe is two things, the sauce, because sauce is always important. Ain’t that right Gucci.
And the way you cook the potatoes. Now I personally prefer a little bit of crisp and crunch to my potatoes, so they’re baked in the oven for a little while. If you’re one who favors more of a soft texture feel free to cook them for a shorter time.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions
- 3 small jalapeños
- 6 small tortillas
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup avocado (or other vegetable) oil
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut sweet potatoes in semi-thick wedges. Toss in a mixing bowl with, avocado oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Then place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Dice half of red onion and slice the other half. Dice tomato. Chop green onions.
- Zest lime and set aside. Then chop lime into quarters.
- Chop cilantro and slice jalapeños.
- Place jalapeños, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Squeeze juice from two lime quarters and let marinate.
- Heat oil in pin and add sliced red onion. Add spices to the pan and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the vegan mayo, seasonings, agave, and liquid smoke. Whisk together. Sauce should have a slight reddish-pinkish tint to it.
- Toss diced onions, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Heat tortillas in the oven. Spread the sauce on the tortillas and add sweet potatoes, vegetables and jalapeño mix.
- Eat that shxt!