If you a plant-based individual then you probably a fry connoisseur at this point. I can’t even tell you how many different versions of fries I’ve had. I’m talkin from dine-in restaurants, fast food places, the frozen grocery section, etc.
I eats fries my guy.
Naturally, after eating several different versions it only makes sense that I decide to make my own. I remember when my mom first bought some sweet potato fries I tried em and thought they were the nastiest things on earth.
Fast forward some years and now that’s the only kind of fries I make. Regular potatoes is just feel basic now. You need to be bougie.
I’ve made a few different versions of these. I’ve experimented with makin them on the sweeter side by adding some cinnamon and sugar (definitely try that out) but this version hit different so I had to write up a recipe about it.
Try it one time for the one time and come to the bougie side my friend.
- Large sweet potato
- Onion powder
- Avocado oil
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Liquid smoke
- Nutritional yeast
- Cut the sweet potato in half lengthwise. Put the sweet potato (sliced side down) and cut into thick strips. Lay the slices down and cut again into fry shapes.
- Put sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, chili powder, liquid smoke, and nutritional yeast (all to taste so however much you like).
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the oven for about 30-45 minutes.
- Flip the fries about halfway and let cook.
- Take them out and let them cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Eat that shxt!
[…] I wanted to make a side so I made fries, which is from a prior recipe found here. But that’s all up to you what you want to […]