Why do black people love Chinese food?
I don’t know either but fxck it right. It’s good.
It may be all the MSG *cough cough* but we’re not focusing on the negatives today aight. This recipe doesn’t have none of that so that’s not a issue for us.
Y’all know how much I like sauces and how important I think they are to adding some flavor to a dish. So technically there isn’t an official sauce but there’s three key ingredients that make this flavor stand out.
First is coconut aminos: this is clutch for someone looking for a soy sauce replacement. It has familiar taste and the coconut version is definitely better than the regular version. Quote me.
Second is sesame oil: it’s low key a little bit pricey but since you not cooking with it on the regular it’s worth the investment for your taste buds.
Third is maple syrup/agave: because everything can use a lil bit of sweetness.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup/Agave
- 1 Tbsp almond butter/peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos ((DIVIDED))
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cook the quinoa for about 20 minutes until fluffy.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking together. The flavor can be adjusted to your preference by playing with the amount of each ingredient added. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet (or wok). Once hot, add sesame oil, carrots, and one third of the coconut aminos. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped green onion, broccoli, and cashews, along with another one third of the coconut aminos. Stir, cover, and cook for 2 minutes or until broccoli appears slightly browned.
- Add cooked quinoa and the remaining one third of the coconut aminos. Stir to coat and cook for 1 minute. Then add sauce and stir.
- Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Eat that shxt!
This recipe was adapted from here.