Aight so I got a confession to make.
I have a sweet tooth.
For awhile this was a bit of an annoyance honestly. There’s not a lot of bakeries or stores that are going to sell vegan desserts. Milk and eggs are the top two ingredients in any dessert. So I had to do what I do best and do some research.
After a couple google searches I found out a vegan cookie recipe that I don’t even have to put in the oven. It’s like cookies for lazy people. Or people who are energy efficient. Whichever sounds better to you.
Honestly, these are so good I thought about packing em up and selling em no bullshxt. But I’m benevolent so I’m not (for now).
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil measured in solid state.
- 4 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, salt, agave, and coconut oil in a saucepan and heat, stirring continuously, until melted and well-combined.
- Stir in vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Add quick-cooking oats and mix well.
- Add coconut and stir until completely combined.
- Drop 1 TBS portions of mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Continue until you’ve used all your cookie mixture.
- Let cool in the refrigerator or freezer until hardened.
- Eat that shxt!
Notes: You can sauce this up in different ways. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, chocolate chips, etc. I’ve made a few different varieties of these. This is just the base recipe. I encourage you to switch it up!
This recipe was adapted from here.