What is the one the thing we all spend but can’t get back?
One thing that might deter a person from going plant-based is the fact that they have to cook a lot more meals. In society today a lot of us find ourselves saying
It’s always easier to just pick up something on the way home or eat out. But don’t worry this dish ain’t time consuming and it’s pretty quick to put together.
The key ingredient is the coconut milk. It makes the dish savory and creamy and blends well with the red curry flavor. You won’t be disappointed.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 Thai red chili (or serrano pepper)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large (or 2 small) sweet potato, skin removed cubed
- 2 14-cans coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Optional: basil or cilantro
- Heat pot over medium heat. Then add oil, shallot, ginger and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add red curry paste and sweet potato. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup or agave, turmeric, salt. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes and stir periodically to soften the potato.
- Adjust seasonings to flavor broth to your liking.
- Once the broth is to your liking and potatoes softened, add the kale and lemon juice.
- Serve over quinoa with any additional vegetables you may choose.
- Eat that shxt!
This recipe was adapted from here.
Success! You're part of the community.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Great post 🙂
Thanks I appreciate it!